HOW TO JOIN THE RECITAL
At least a day before, download Zoom to your device. You can find at the Apple App Store or Google Play.
If you are on a computer, you can visit www.zoom.us and join from there.(You do not have to create an account in order to join the meeting.)
The family that invited you should have given you a Zoom link. If they forgot, please message us using our Contact page and include the name of the student who invited you, and we will give you the Zoom information.
Upon entering the meeting, you will be placed in a virtual waiting room where you will wait to be “admitted”.
Once you are admitted, you will be prompted to join audio. Select “Join”.
You will automatically be placed on “mute” and WITHOUT video.
Please remain in this setting so that only the performers are visible!
This makes it easier for the teacher to identify and highlight the students.
Lastly, if you'd like to show your family you are there, please rename yourself. You can do this by clicking on “participants”. Tap on yourself then “rename”. You can choose something like “Guest of Smiths” or “Johnny’s Grandma.”
GUIDELINES and TIPS
1. Please do not forward this invitation unless you or your child are a student of Peak Piano Studios. Only the families putting on the recital are allowed to distribute invitation links.
2. If you are on a mobile device or tablet, turning it sideways (landscape / horizontally) will give you a better view so it will fill the whole screen.
3. Student families will have a copy of the program that they can forward to you. It will also be available for download.
4. Mr. Hill will take care of muting and un-muting each student when it’s their turn to perform and will also spotlight their video. Mr. Hill will introduce each family, and the students will introduce themselves and the piece(s) they are performing. Please use the “applause” emojis to clap after each performer finishes.
***Do not unmute yourself.***
5. Internet connections vary. We hope to get good video and sound quality from each student. However, sometimes you may experience a delay either in sound or video. Please be patient as it corrects itself.
6. A recording will be made available to families after the recital.
Please let us know if you have any questions and we hope to see you there (via Zoom that is)!
Peak Piano Studios