Peak Piano Studios provides a rigorous musical foundation so students can succeed in a variety of musical styles and settings. Our hybrid program combines personalized individual lessons with studio recitals and group performance workshops.
Students in our program develop piano proficiency (technique, sight-reading, performance, practice skills) concurrently with core musicianship skills (note reading, music theory, ear training, analysis, composition, improvisation, music history). Our Socratic methodology is centered around developing students’ capacity to think critically and productively about their own musicianship.
Peak Piano Studios runs on a semester system: Fall Semester (September through January), Spring Semester (February through June), and Summer Session (July & August). In a typical four-week month, students will receive three weekly 45-minute individual lessons as well as one group class (studio recital, performance workshop) or event (music festivals put on by Spokane Music Teachers Association). Additional events & festivals are available for an additional fee.
Tuition for Peak Piano Studios’ 2022-Fall Semester is $1100. This may be paid as a lump sum due September 5th or divided into 5 equal payments, each due on the 1st of the month (excepting September, which is due on September 5th). Pre-registration deposits apply toward 2022-Fall Semester tuition.
2022-Fall Semester runs from September 5 to February 3. Your tuition includes:
- 15 individual 45-minute lessons
- Lesson Notes sent home each week
- Personalized customer service calls (15 min. per month), plus time during lessons may be used for questions/meetings
- Halloween Recital + reception at Steinway Gallery of Spokane (10/20/22)
- Winter Holiday Recital + reception at Steinway Gallery of Spokane (12/15/22)
- Keyboard Adventures & Family Night at Steinway Gallery of Spokane (9/29/22)
- Composition & Improvisation Workshop at Steinway Gallery of Spokane (1/19/23)
- Registration & preparation for Spokane Music Teachers Music Literacy Program festival (11/19/22, location TBA)
- Parent/Teacher Conference Week & Progress Reports (2nd-to-last week of December 2022)
2022-Fall Semestertuition does not include:
- Books & Materials (approx. $50-150 per semester, according to taste; we find you the most cost-effective options)
For Jazz & advanced students, some events will be substituted with content more targeted towards individual interest (a jazz workshop or masterclass membership instead of a recital, for example).